Don’t let referencing admin get the better of you this summer
Staying on top of time-consuming admin can quickly become a challenge when you’re managing an increased workload and juggling staff absences.
Rent4sure is here to take the pressure off.
We’ve been supplying the lettings industry since 2009 and are experts in making sure everything runs efficiently, from start to finish. We take care of any queries, responding quickly and clearly, and go the extra mile whenever needed.
While the coming months may be unpredictable, your referencing doesn’t have to be. Check out our handy guide below for lots of pointers to help make the process run as swiftly and smoothly as possible.
Rent4sure’s powerful referencing platform does the hard work for you • Our custom-built streamlined system is easy to navigate, works on any device, and keeps you and your applicants in touch and connected. Centred on the property, everything’s integrated and in one place so you’re always organised and up to date.
• It pays to make sure that all your relevant staff are familiar with how the platform works, so you can save time and make the most of everything we offer. Your account manager can arrange one-to-one training for those starting from scratch, or a quick reminder session if needed.
• Photographs of documents and screenshots of online bank statements can be uploaded instantly, helping you keep control of the whole process wherever you are.
• The fastest way of getting information to the person completing your reference is to email the unique reference email address.
• Don’t forget to let us know in advance if you would like us to split rent shares according to joint applicants’ affordability, it will save you getting in touch later once you have already received a result.
Prepare your applicant
• At the start of the process, inform your applicant that Rent4sure will be in touch to carry out the reference, so that they know who we are and what we do.
• Let applicants know in advance what they need to supply - for example, 6 months of bank statements and payslips, or their Student Finance Award Letter for the upcoming academic year.
• Self–employed applicants should have the required 6 months’ bank statements or tax return ready to submit. If the applicant is starting new employment, their new employer business contact details should be available to avoid any delay.
• Ask the applicant to alert their referees prior to us calling them, so they know this is authorised and are ready to supply the reference.
• Save time by using Tenant Complete, where your applicant completes all the relevant details and uploads documents themselves online. We send all the links and reminders, so you don’t have to worry.
• Remind the applicant to fully complete the application as soon as possible. They should include all relevant sources of income at this initial stage; include business contact details for referees; and agree to our terms and conditions.
• If your applicant has any questions, they can call us directly. Our specialists will be able to help.
• You can get live updates on the progression of your reference whenever you need to, via the live notes system on your agent suite.
• Ensure you never miss a thing by subscribing to our Daily Digest. Pinged to your inbox first thing, this provides a summary of what has been completed and what we’re still working on.
• A Referencing Guide is available under the ‘Help’ section of your agent suite, so check this resource for the most common scenarios.
• Guidance is always available from our specialist teams, during normal business hours.
• Your dedicated account manager is also on hand for help and support when you need them. You can get in touch by email, phone, or the contact form on our website.
Rent4sure is here to protect and support your business. To find out more, contact us today on 0330 088 3774 or click here.