Insurance Services for Tenants and Landlords

Rent4sure and RGA Underwriting can offer your Tenants and Landlords comprehensive Liability and Buildings & Contents Insurance policies.

To find out more or request a quote, please call our insurance team on 0333 332 3100, or use our online quote checker by clicking the 'Request a Quote' button.

Tenants Liability Insurance

In association with RGA Underwriting we have put together a comprehensive insurance policy that insures your Landlord’s fixtures and fittings that your Tenants are responsible for (under their Tenancy Agreement), and gives them the option to add their own contents cover.

Why Insure Through RGA?

Starting from £79*, our standard cover offers your Tenants comprehensive and flexible insurance for their possessions in the property.

This includes up to £10,000 protection for the Landlord’s fixtures, fittings and contents against accidental damage as standard, and optional contents cover for Landlord's and Tenant's possessions against incidents such as fire, flood and theft.

Simply pass on our details to your Tenants - our staff will call them and run through a quote to get them protected straight away. We have a 14-day cooling off period, should they change their mind. We'll also supply you with free marketing material to include in your tenancy packs.

Additional Cover

In addition we can cover loss or damage to contents contained in the home and its domestic outbuildings and garages caused by:

  • Fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, storm, flood, earthquake or subterranean fire
  • Riot, civil commotion, labour or political disturbances
  • Malicious persons or vandals, theft or attempted theft
  • Escape of water, sewage or oil from any fixed heating or domestic water/installation, or plumbed-in domestic appliance
  • Collision involving aircraft or aerial devices or anything dropped from them, vehicles or animals
  • Falling trees or branches
  • Contents temporarily removed from the home
  • Additional costs of alternative accommodation
  • Loss or theft of keys
  • Garden ornaments and furniture

* Price valid until 31st December 2019 and includes Insurance Premium Tax

Significant Exclusions

The following are excluded under the Tenant’s liability cover:

  • The policy excess shown on your certificate of insurance
  • Any amount over £10,000
  • Damage resulting from corrosion, or normal wear and tear or gradually operating cause
  • Loss or damage caused by chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling by your domestic pets
  • Loss or damage if the property is lent or sub-let
  • Any loss suffered by you or your family due to any person obtaining property by deception.

Examples of these and other conditions and restrictions and what to do if you are unsure about any aspect of an exclusion are contained within your policy information.

Landlords Buildings and Contents Insurance

RGA Underwriting Ltd offer Landlords a comprehensive Buildings & Contents Insurance policy.

As with the Tenants Liability Insurance, we can provide marketing material for you to hand out to your Landlords.

Comprehensive Cover

Landlords Buildings & Contents Insurance gives your Landlords comprehensive cover as standard. The policies have been created specifically for the rental market, for Landlords looking to protect their investment.

The policies include £2,000,000 public and £10,000,000 employer's liability in the event of a Tenant or workman employed by one of your Landlords making a claim against them after an injury.

Significant Exclusions include any loss, damage, legal liability or costs and expenses directly or indirectly caused by, or contributed to, or arising from:

  • Storm Damage to gates, fences or hedges
  • Damage caused by Domestic Pets
  • The cost of repairing/replacing any plumbing or heating apparatus, including pipe work, showers, and boilers etc that are the cause of a leak. The policy covers the resultant damage from the water leaking.
  • The policy will not cover loss of value of any property following repair or replacement

Low Excess

There is a low policy excess of only £250, with low interest Direct Debit payments available. The policies cover your Landlord's buildings against...

  • Fire, flood, smoke and storm damage
  • Oil and water damage from standard kitchen appliances
  • Water damage from the central heating system
  • Freezing or burst pipes within the home
  • Vandalism, theft, or attempted theft involving forcible entry/exit
  • Accidental damage included as standard

Included as standard...

  • £2,000,000 public and £10,000,000 employer's liability
  • Up to £1,000 damage to gardens caused by emergency services
  • Up to £2,500 clearance of drains
  • Up to £2,500 trace and access (problem source)

To find out more, please call our insurance team on 0333 000 0165, or use our contact form to get in touch.